Monday, June 11, 2012

My long-awaited return to the land of the Giant Sea Cucumber

Off I go again, to the motherland of noodles, sake, and cheap tech gadgets. This time I am embarking on a study-abroad trip with UC Denver's Urban Design department. China's urban centers are growing at a rate we'll never experience in the US, and is therefore the perfect laboratory for learning from new ideas (both good and bad). I am leaving bright and early this Thursday for what I expect to be an eye-opening experience in the far east. First, we are off to Shanghai to see some recent projects as well as historic sites. Then we are headed to Nanjing, the nation's former capital, for a 4-week studio project on the outskirts of the ancient city walls. Stay tuned for more...

2 comments:

  1. Is that a giant sea cucumber in your pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, safe travels and enjoy your adventure!
    Love and kisses from Guatemala, Mom

    ReplyDelete